MINIMUM ORDER The minimum order is 150 trees or 500 grapevines. Plants must be ordered in bundle quantities: Trees 3/8” and smaller are ten to a bundle 1/2", 5/8”, 3/4”, and 1” are …
DO YOU DO EACH OF THESE?
- Hang Picture Tags on all trees whenever possible.
- Use Bin Tags or large variety photos for easy ID of varieties.
- Attract interest with bright signs.
- Consider a Banner to draw customers to your fruit tree area.
- Re-evaluate the location of your product. Prominent display-bins or a “Feature” area will improve sales!
- Observe the seasonal merchandising strategies of department stores and use similar techniques.
- Visibly promote Backyard Orchard Culture and high density planting in the bareroot sales area.
- Sell three or four trees per customer instead of one. Use pictures and diagrams of planting options.
- Put together a 3-or-4-in-1-hole planting in a 24-inch box and price it to sell.
- Cross-merchandise your product. Stock mulches, top-dressings, and related goods with your bareroot display.
- Use visual reminders to recommend related products.
- Mark a bin with Our Favorites or House Varieties. Fill it with selections that are Taste Test Winners and proven varieties in your area.
- Recommend great non-commodity varieties and set yourself apart from the chain stores!
Related News & Events
Selling DWN products
• Check out our extensive offering of retail Sales Aids and recommendations for Selling Backyard Orchard Culture. • For a proven mix of older and newer fruit varieties, consider our …
Bareroot Handling Tips
download pdf To ensure the best results with your Dave Wilson Nursery bareroot trees, here are a few suggestions: • Upon receiving your trees, immediately heel them in to moist shavings …
Retail Nursery Sales Aids
Sell More Fruit Trees with DWN Sales Aids! Promotional Flyers What’s hot from The First Name in Fruit Trees™… This item will look good on the counter, on the wall or in the …
Selling Backyard Orchard Culture
Times Have Changed, Customers Have Changed Today’s ideal home orchard provides usable amounts of tree-ripe fruit over a long season. Backyard Orchard Culture plants several or many …
Merchandising Can Make The Difference
DO YOU DO EACH OF THESE? Hang Picture Tags on all trees whenever possible. Use Bin Tags or large variety photos for easy ID of varieties. Attract interest with bright signs. Consider a …
Contact Dave Wilson
We sell our products to retail nurseries, garden centers, container growers who sell to landscape contractors and retail nurseries, mail order nurseries, and anyone else who qualifies. We do not accept direct sales to consumers.